I spent my Father’s Day time driving my dad around the golf course while he played a couple of holes last night. Which was beautiful. I don’t really enjoy the actual game of golf (used to play when I was little) as it is a little bit too slow for me. However, I do admit I love being on the course. Very peaceful and beautiful scenery.
I also decided I would cook something up for dinner. And I know what you’ll all be thinking, that I just made pizza, HOWEVER, when I found this recipe for doughless pizza I knew I had to give it a try. I used Lauren Conrad’s recipe here.
Now…Here is my verdict on the whole thing. I would like to emphasize that this recipe is not necessarily that much healthier. You are in fact saving on the carbs but there is a lot of cheese and oil. So if you’re trying to cut your carbs, go ahead. But if you’re trying to cut calories, I don’t think it makes a huge difference. Which is why I am going to suggest a few changes to the recipe. Here is what I would do the next time around, which there will be, because don’t get me wrong the recipe is DELICIOUS and definitely satisfies your pizza craving. However it is a little bit too heavy.
- Cut down on the cheese. the recipe calls for 1 cup but I think I will be putting a little bit less next time around. Also try to use low fat mozzarella.
- Do not use a whole head of cauliflower, otherwise most of it will got to waste. Use part of the cauliflower head, maybe 1/3.
- Do not use salt. The recipe calls for salt, however, I think there is already enough salt in the rest of the ingredients to make up for it. You don’t need to worry about it being flavorless.
- When you brush the olive oil on the flattened “dough“, only brush it along the edges to make them harder and crispier. It isn’t necessary to brush it all over as it is already quite greasy with the cheese.
- Do use a lot of cheese as a pizza topping, only sprinkle on a little bit as there is enough in the crust.
If you make this recipe let me know how you’ve adjusted it to your tastes or if you know of a substitute for all the cheese!